Tea seems to have a host of beneficial effects on your health.
- Published studies suggest that just 3 cups of tea per day may reduce your risk of heart attack.
- People with coronary artery disease who drank 4 cups of tea per day showed improved blood vessel function, lower cholesterol, and a 10% increase in caloric burning.
- The powerful antioxidants in tea--especially green tea--have been shown to prevent or inhibit the growth of some cancers.
- Tea may enhance the immune system by having a positive effect on "B" cells, "T" cells, and "killer" cells.
- Tea fights cavities and plaque by inhibiting the growth of bacteria in the mouth. An excellent source of fluoride, it also makes a great mouth rinse.